Hello avid readers of my blog. Why you are here, is unknown but last week my host, turnkeyresellers.com, had a server crash on the server I am on. Due to his slow response and poor support, we are now on a new host, hostdaemons.com. My previous host also had the nerve to say he lost all the databases on that server, resulting in a lot of his clients leaving but whatever.
For my blog, my latest backup was last September so I thought I was screwed. BUT, with bloglines.com which indexes and archives the sites that ping a service (such as weblo.gs) and google, I was able to get my blogs back that were lost from Sept to Jan. What I did was this.
- Login to bloglines and subscribe my site
- Click on my site and select”All items” on the dropbox “Display items within the last”
- Bloglines show an excerpt of all your blogs but you just what to know the blog date.
- Go to google.com and enter this in your search engine “inurl:sitename.com/archives/(year)/(month)/(date)
- If you don’t have nice permalinks, it’s usually inurl:sitename.com/url/to/wp/index.php?p=# where # is the id of your blog. In that case, start with 1 and move up.
- In the search results, click on the cache results and their’s your blog post for that day 😀
Tedious as hell but I wanted my blogs. I didn’t do comments cause I didn’t want to waste that much time recovering my blog.
Shoot, now I gotta clean up this mess my host left. If you have any questions, IM me or email me. If I don’t reply in the IM, please email me. And I will be scripting a database of all my hostee’s information (u/p/email) since I am sick of asking you guys so I’ll update you guys on that.
NOTICE: If your site doesn’t work and I haven’t told you anything about closing your account, message me since I can’t remember everyone’s account and I probably forgot you. Sorry.